A list of studies currently being conducted that are available for participation by MNC volunteers:
The Bilingual Study investigates the neural bases for language processing in bilinguals.
Child Emotion Study
- The Child Emotion study examines the neural basis of cognitive emotion regulation in children.
Cognitive Preparedness Study
- The Cognitive Preparedness study examines the attention-related cognitive and neural systems that support language processing.
- The Emotional Language study investigates the emotion processing in typical individuals and individuals with autism.
Hand Holding Study
- The Hand Holding study investigates the extent to which social relationships are helpful when individuals experience stress.
- The primary goal of the Language Processing study is to investigate the brain structures involved in language processing.
- The Learning Games study investigates memory, learning, and/or simple decision making tasks.
MR Technique Development
- The MR Technique Development study investigates the performance of novel MR techniques.
- The Social Development study seeks to explore brain structures that support the ability to interpret the mental states of others.
- The Predictors of Stroke Recovery study seeks older individuals to help explore how skills learned earlier in life affect the extent of recovery from stroke.
- The Working Memory and Language study investigates the brain structure underlying memory and language processing.